Friday 30 January 2009

Thank You...

You are old
You are pale
oh so weak
oh so frail...

You shiver when you walk
You struggle to talk
You sit with a far away gaze
with memories now a haze...

We walked holding hands
to take the first step, I was trying...
You held me to your heart when I fell,
I stopped crying.

You spoke to me
with sounds that were new.
when I babbled
you just said 'I love you'...

You cheered me
when I lost the race.
You loved me the same
whatever the case...

Now you are old
you are pale
you are weak
you are frail...

Let me walk with you
holding hands
let me talk to you
even though now you can't understand...

You were always eager to hear from me
but I called times so few,
still, it wouldn't have taken much
to say the words 'thank you...'

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is sooo beautiful. I was moved by this poem..